Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ever Seen These Little Guys??

Welcome to the 4th day of the year 2014! yay~ it already seems like the year is going by fast!! (I know.. it's ONLY been 4 days..but still.)

My day started off by waking up at 11am after being drugged by Nyquil the night before.. Woke up with a pretty bad sore throat and a sexy(?), husky, manly voice followed by a dry cough. Not the best way to wake up, but I did. haha I ended up getting ready to go to Tranquil Tea Lounge with my fellow OT sisters (Don't know what OT is? A friend of mine, and fellow future OT, sums it up great on her blog! --> As Told By Cathy) Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of the food I ordered but! No worries, I have 300+ pictures of food on my phone that I have not uploaded yet! So Here it goes!!

My mom decided to make some Onigiri which is a Japanese comfort food that looks somewhat like the pictures below! It was actually tough to make in the beginning but after couple of them, we got the hang of it! I got silly and started to make faces on them hahaha 

Real easy to make! All you need is cooked rice in a bowl, sprinkle some Furikake (Japanese seasoning flakes), and pieces of roasted seaweed to wrap around. My mom bought the triangle shaping tool for the rice from Marukai (very inexpensive) so it wasn't THAT hard to make those triangle rice shapes. Is that all it is? Rice and seaweed? NOPE. You can be SUPER creative and put whatever you want inside! In some I put kimchi I fried with some sesame oil and tuna and in another I put in fried spam. Usually, if you get these at a Japanese market or Japanese foodstore, they have all sorts of stuff in it. If you are ever in Southern California near Costa Mesa, there is a Japanese market called Marukai  Market. Inside the market is a food court with several Japanese restaurants where they sell these lovely Onigiris. I highly recommend trying these for yourself, even making these! It's fun and delicious!


Well, until next time! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

-Ms. Piggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment