Sunday, January 5, 2014

When it comes to sushi, you HAVE to try UNI.

When it comes to sushi, you HAVE to try UNI! Food of the day is…… UNI!! What is it?? It's sea urchin roe (egg) and to me, it's a delicacy! It's one of the least favorite from my group of friends but the most favorite from my family! The picture below is obviously a sea urchin that has been cut open, filled with sushi rice and different roe, and a drop or two of sesame oil. This is from a restaurant in Fullerton, California called Beach House (?). They serve uni bowls for $4.99 which isn't bad at all. Uni has a very interesting texture and it is an acquired taste. I didn't like it in the beginning, but the more I tried it, the more I started liking it! :) It's now one of my favorite type of sushi! :)

The picture looks amazing! Makes me want to go to the restaurant and get a bowl for lunch or something ;)) 

Enjoy!



Uni Bowl with different colored roe. YUM~


Uni bowl after being mixed :)

Until next time!

-Ms. Piggy.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete